Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Restoring a WWI Pistol?

I have WWI Spanish Ruby pistol (copy of a Browning .32). It's still in relatively good condition with the exception of a little pitting. However, it's extremely tarnished. Using steel/nickel polish works to an extent, but I would like to find a product that has a little more kick to it to get the tarnish off. Is there anything that will help? I know it will still require fine polishing on my part and that the pitting is nearly unrepairable. I also know that some collectors would prefer the gun to be unrestored. I'm not looking to sell it. Anywho, what are the best products, tools, techniques to restore a gun like this. Also, the wooden grips are in excellent shape (you can still see all of the checkered pattern) but they are also dirty. Should normal wood cleaner help? Thanks a lot in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment