Saturday, July 9, 2011

Has anyone else's relationship ever ended this badly?

My ex boyfriend and I were best friends when he was married and we overlapped a bit (I know bad). Then he left his wife of 25 years to be with me properly and we had a brilliant relationship, very affectionate, loving, sexual, best friends, did lots together plus gave each other space etc. He found out a few months ago that she was going to move his daughter 500 miles away in July. It was forgotten about and we stayed happy and were due to go to the US on a road trip from Scotland (me, my son and my ex) in September. Everything was still great. He left my house for work in the morning as usual, the usual cuddle and kiss and see u later. 5 hours later he phoned and shouted at me that it was over (he has never shouted at me) and that he didn't see a future. I immediately thought is it because she is taking his daughter away. I asked to meet and talk and we did and he was just aggressive again which upset me to the point I told his ex about our relationship. Next thing he changed and said the reason was that he still had some feelings for his ex and was going to try get her back. A couple of days later he came back with more of my things and was much calmer, so we wished each other the best, I said i hoped he would get what he wished for, that I missed having him around after 4 years of friendship then relationship then we had a cuddle which was nice as it felt easier to move on. Then I had a pregnancy scare and told him, he insisted on coming over to talk saying we could get back together, Turns out he had her hiding in his car and after he left she came battering on my door and forced her way into my house screaming at me. She told me she made him bring her if he had a hope in hell of getting her back then she said she hasn't told him but she will never take him back she is just stringing him along. Two days later I went to his to try make peace and say goodbye nicely so as not to tarnish all our good memories with all the recent stuff (because we were best friends and of course I still care and wanted to wish him well) and he opened his door, screamed "no" and locked it. I tried to talk to him through it to say I only wanted to make peace and part nicely as we had never hurt each other. Then he says "I've phoned the police to report you for stalking me", **** off", strange since he had brought her to my house and gave me hell and i had only went to see him once to make peace not argue. I panicked and left as because I work in prison and cant get in any trouble, i was devastated and then made a huge mistake of phoning the police and reported him for having two illegal guns in his house (anonymously). I regret it now as he would most definitely lose his job and may even go to jail. I wish I could take it back but the police keep phoning me and i have complained though as it was supposed to be anonymous but they are turning up at my house and everything. How the hell have we ended up being so hateful to the point of calling the police on each other knowing we would lose our jobs, when only 2 weeks ago we were happy as larry and everything was rosy in the garden. Is this all because she told him that she was leaving the country with his daughter because he swore on his kids life to me only two days before he left that he never wanted his ex back. now he hates my guts and I cant understand how so quickly. I am terrified he has been arrested for having these weapons as I know he only had them as souvenirs from years ago. also he only left the army 2 months ago after 26 years so i don't know is he is a bit depressed. I don't want to be thinking he hates me for the rest of my life as we were best friends before and i don't want him to get in trouble, even though he does have them i should never have told on someone I claimed to love, no matter how much he hurt me i could have ruined his life. Has anyone elses relationship ended and turned so sour? All I wanted was to part nicely but he wouldn't allow it. It was almost as if he wants me to hate him. Help. I cant live with myself if he gets in bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment